How to Repair an HP Officejet 6600 Scanner Failure
HP’s Officejet scanners give users many uses in one small device, making them a favored printer for people who have a small workspace. Hp Officejet 6600 scanner failure acts as a printer, copy machine, fax machine, and digital scanner. While utilizing the printer’s scan or copy functions, or even as its warm-up exercises right after you switch it on, you may see the error “Scanner Failure, Switch Off and On” give up on your printer’s display screen. HP suggests a particular set of troubleshooting steps to fix this error.
Step 1 – Install a color document face-down on the scanning glass and close the cover. Press the “Start Color Copy” button, then raise the cover somewhat during the scan to see if the scanner’s light is running.
Step 2 – Take your printer to a service shop if you do not see any data coming from below the scanning glass. If you do see a light, unplug your printer’s power cord from any roll protectors of other devices and plug it directly into an electrical socket.
Step 3 – Move the pointer to the various rooms and still plug it right into an electrical socket if you see the very error again. Power cycle the printer by unplugging the power cord with the printer switched off, waiting 30 seconds, then plugging the power cord back into the printer and Switching on your printer.
Step 4 – Partly reset the printer if you proceed to see the error message. Unplug the power cord, next hold the “3” and “#” buttons on the control panel as you plug the power cord in.
Step 5 – Do a semi-full reset on your printer by unplugging the power cord from the printer. Hold the “#” and “6” buttons on the control panel down while you plug the power cord back into your printer.
Step 6 – Take your printer to a repair shop if the error still shows.
How to Download & Install HP Officejet 6600 Driver
Method 1: Update with Device Manager
1) On your keyboard, touch the Windows logo key and X at the same time. Choose Device Manager.
2) Double-snap Printers to open the drop-down list.
3) Right-snap your Hp Officejet 6600 scanner failure, and choose HP Officejet 6600 scanner Driver.
4) Snap Search automatically for updated driver software. Then follow the guidance to install the drivers.
5) After installing, restart your computer to take effect. Then see if your printer works correctly again.
6) If the screen displays The best drivers for your device are already installed, you want to try the next process to update your drivers.
Method 2: Update manually
To update your HP Officejet 6600 manually, you can go to HP’s official website to download the newest and right driver and install it all by yourself. If you’re not satisfied playing with device drivers or worrying about any risks in the method, you can move on to the automatic method.
1) Go to HP Customer Support for Printer. Enter HP Officejet 6600 Scanner drivers in the search box, then snap Submit.
2) HP will automatically find your PC system. Select the first result, next Tap download.
Or if you don’t like touching with HP installation software, download the driver listed in the Basic Drivers alternatively.
3) Double-snap the downloaded file to install the installation software.
4) After installing, restart your computer to make an impact.
Method 3: Automatically (Suggested)
Driver Easy will automatically find your device and find the right drivers for it. You don’t want to know right what system your PC is working on, you don’t want to risk downloading and installing the wrong driver, and you don’t want to worry about getting a mistake when installing.
You can update your HP Officejet 6600 scanner drivers automatically with both or the Pro version of Driver Easy. But with the Pro version, it takes just 2 snaps.
1) Download and install Driver Easy.
2) Run Driver Easy and snap the Scan Now button. Driver Easy will then scan your PC and find any problem drivers.
3) Tap Update All to automatically download and install the right version of all the drivers that are missing or out of date on your system.
4) Restart your PC to get the effect.
For more details